Who is this little guy? He’s a pizote! A member of the raccoon family and a friend at one of the places we stay in Escazú while working in Costa Rica. Unlike raccoons, they are not nocturnal and are active day and night.
We were chosen to help brand Impesa and launch them into a global financial services market — a Costa Rican FinTech firm born from a product developed by a former bank CEO/COO while he was at the helm of the institution. After their first product, MoniByte, gained significant traction with the bank’s customer base and transitioned to a stand-alone company, founder Mario Hernandez left his post to run the growing software development firm full-time.
fiZz was retained as the agency of record and kHyal became Impesa’s CMO.
During our tenure we:
- Branded the former in-house Latin American bank product-based company, and launched it globally
- Defined and executed a global cross-cultural marketing strategy and brand positioning
- Oversaw brand messaging and communication design across all channels including corporate and product websites; mobile apps and experience design; sales presentations; events and trade shows; outbound email marketing campaigns and advertising
- Developed strategies for, and oversaw: trade show planning and design; public relations; media relations and training, press release distribution and analytics; social media
- Measured and improved the success of marketing and advertising campaigns with ongoing data management and business analytics
- Contributed to product development and management
- Created and executed global launch strategies for FinTech/InsurTech SaaS platforms: Monibyte credit card control, Layla AI chatbot, Brainert banking data analytics
- Identified new business opportunities; wrote winning applications for inclusion in FinovateEurope and the Innovation Project at Harvard University, Boston
- Traveled extensively in Latin America, North America and Europe to execute marketing initiatives, brand evangelism, and public relations
- Managed internal marketing and PR staff, and external vendors, at company headquarters in Costa Rica onsite, in North America, and remotely
- Opened and managed US office, developed new channels of business in North America and Europe
- Represented the company at LATAM Mobile Summit, Miami; Money 20/20, Las Vegas; FinovateEurope, London; Innovation Project, Harvard University; FinovateFall, New York; Empire Fintech, New York
We have continued to consult for Impesa as they have grown and expanded their product line on go-to-market strategies, research, and events.