When content delivery network and cybersecurity heavy-hitter Akamai Technologies hired us to build-out and manage the internal and external content and copy team, we rose to the occasion. We rolled up our sleeves to provide creative direction and to produce final copywriting on the company’s most significant marketing campaign of all time. Then we helped steer quality-control on creative production by VMLY&R through the eventual phase-out of that agency relationship as Akamai transitioned to an in-house model.
Our charter included:
- Sourcing, hiring and managing an outside team of writers that would act as an in-house remote team for a 6-month contract (extended to a year based on performance)
- Keeping brand voice consistency across all platforms
- Creative direction and oversight of written content and all copywriting and editing staff for Global Brand and Campaigns
- Review of tier-one in-house written assets across every channel: digital, paid and organic social, OOH, DOOH, radio, email campaigns, landing pages, blogs, white papers, video scripts, events and trade shows
- Review of written assets by dedicated outside agencies, freelance writers and interdepartmental sources
- Ensuring best practices and leveraging real-time data for more effective campaigns by becoming a liaison between creative, marketing automation and digital teams
- Producing content for Akamai-owned events and key industry trade shows including Edge World, Edge Summits, Security Summits, Executive Summit, RSA, AWS re:Inforce, NAB, Black Hat USA and IBC Europe
When Akamai was ready to create their net-new website, they invited us back to write top-tier long- and short-form copy.
(We were delighted when told two of our thought leadership pages had the highest SEO ranking on the site.)